Do you want to organise an epic music festival in Liverpool? – Of course you do, talk about instant legend status!
Do you want to raise thousands of pounds to help end poverty in the process? – naturally! You good egg, you.
If we’ve got your attention then you would be crazy not to apply to be an Oxjam Festival Manager!
Oxjam is Oxfam’s very own music festival (which just so happens to be the biggest grassroots music festival in the UK….just saying!) Oxjam is made up of multiple music festivals happening across the UK in October. The festival is run entirely by amazing volunteers who are passionate about their local music scene and about seeing their community come together for a common cause. Over the past 10 years, Oxjam, and the genius volunteers behind it, has raised over £2.7 million for Oxfam.
So do you think you could be part of the 2017 Oxjam team and organise a Festival in Liverpool? All you need is passion, drive and a ‘can-do’ attitude. We will provide you with all the other skills you need to succeed at the Oxjam Bootcamp in April.
You and your team will also be given the opportunity to attend Oxjam Live in July which will be held at Pop Brixton. This weekend will be a priceless opportunity to network with industry experts, to access advice and resources, and of course enjoy some live music outside in the sunshine!
What does being a festival manager involve?
1. Planning and delivering a one-day, multi-venue music festival which will take place in October.
2. Recruiting and managing a team of volunteers.
3. Leading your team to organise a series of fundraising events in the months prior to your Takeover to generate funds to cover your event costs and to maximise the amount that you raise for Oxfam.
Handy skills to have…
• Experience of leadership, either professionally or within teams, clubs or societies.
• Project and time management skills.
• Strong inter-personal and communications skills.
• Organisational skills and the ability to self motivate.
• The ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
• Knowledge and understanding of your local music scene.
• Experience of organising live music events or similar.
• Fundraising experience.
• A passion for Oxfam’s cause.
What can Oxjam give you?
1. Guidance and support as you plan your event. You will be introduced to the Oxjam central team who will act as mentors and advisors
2. A network of other Festival Managers nationwide to chat with online or at training events.
3. Great training to help you with festival event management – The Oxjam Festival Manager Bootcamp (22nd-23rd April 2017)
4. Oxjam Live – a social networking event with key industry bodies held at POP in Brixton (Saturday 8th July 2017).
5. Management skills. This has helped previous Oxjam Festival Managers to stand out in their professional careers beyond Oxjam.
6. Production support to help secure venues and to support with technicalities such as sound systems.
7. Fundraising tips and ideas to help you generate lots of lovely money for Oxjam.
8. The opportunity to find, and provide a platform for artists who could go on to be the next big thing (resulting in instant bragging rights for life).
March: Your journey starts here!
April: New Festival Manager & Regional Coordinator Training
July: Oxjam Live Conference
August – October: Fundraising & Event Planning
October: The Main Event!
For further information: Oxjam Manager: email@example.com
Head over to our website to download an application form: https://www.oxfam.org.uk/oxjam/oxjam-takeover-register-interest-2017
Your completed application form can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or sent to The Oxjam Team, Oxfam House, John Smith Drive, Oxford, OX4 2JY
All applications must be received by Friday 24th March 2017. Interviews will take place late March – beginning of April (dates will vary by region). Please visit www.oxfam.org.uk/oxjam for more information about Oxjam.